Thank you so much to one of my lovely regular readers, Maria Isabel, who has decided to pass along a Kreativ Award to me, for my blog. Other than the daily reward of your comments, this is the first such award I've been given for the effort, writing, and time that I put into this wee blog.
Now while all awards worth having come with some strings attached (i.e. Oscars and their endless thank-yous to producers, directors, god; VMAs and all that drama), this one too is no exception: I must share seven secrets (translate: more things you didn't know about me) with you. Really, that's all?! And then I get to receive my award and proudly display it on my sidebar, nestled between my Etsy shop mini and some of my favorite bloggy buttons.
Without further ado, Seven (more) Things You Didn't Know About Me:
- I'm a nail-biter, always have been, always will be. Wish I wasn't - but whatcha gonna do?
- I absolutely positively love to sing. Some songs make me feel all warm and tingly inside all over, like our National Anthem (which is weird with a capital W, because I'm no patriot); and other songs, like John Lennon's "Imagine" make me weep with the beauty of his true vision.
- It's been a long time since I've gotten out there and shot anything other than Marley or goods for my Etsy shop, but I once had dreams of being a National Geographic photographer (ambitious, I know).
- If I were an animal, I would be a sloth. Not just because I love to lounge, but because I can be slow in my processes ever pushing towards perfection. However, I would be the one sloth in the Amazon with amazingly sleek, algae-free hair - due to my minor case of OCD.
- I also used to study Interior Design for about a year or so - I should have finished my schooling; but that's something you should know about me - I have had a bad tendency in my life to leave things unfinished. Because of this, I'm a Jill of many trades, master of none; and I'm finally okay with that.
- When I was twenty-one I shaved my head because I thought it was sexy. It was a bold move, and I stuck with it for a while; but really I looked like a Monchichi.
- I am an amazing cook.