February 23, 2010

Been Gone For A While

Wow. It's been awhile. Resolutions are hard to keep - and blogging three to five times per week is no exception.  Some of you just make it look so dang easy. The past several days or so, I've been a bit down - and I've been debating whether or not to share that with you - but it was getting to look like it would be an even longer hiatus if I didn't...so here's my sob story, and then we (I) can move on:

I have epilepsy. It's not so bad, really. Actually, it's been a very very long time since it's even affected me at all. So long in fact, that I recently convinced myself that perhaps my epilepsy magically went away. Thursday morning I was reminded to the tune of a grand mahl seizure and a thirty minute black-out that alas, my epilepsy did not go away. In fact, the medication I had been so good about taking (except for the past six weeks) had been keeping me from having lots and lots of these seizures it turns out. I have been spending my days bouncing between self-pity and kicking myself for not taking my medicine. I am ever thankful that I wasn't seriously injured, and that my daughter didn't see it happen - I think that would have really freaked her out.

My last complaint is that the doctor has advised against driving for three months. Seriously?! Talk about paying for your mistakes!

Okay, I am done with the complaining, self-pity, and disappearing acts. It is now time for me to step back up to the world of the living, healthy, happy, snarky, positive, and crafty. Tomorrow, I will return with something fun.

Thanks for reading my rant/whine - I had to get it out.

3 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Wow, that sounds horrible. So glad you're okay. Don't worry about not blogging - the internet will always be here when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Dont let that get you down and learn that we all make mistakes and we have to forgive ourselves. I have a condition that sometimes limits me and that can make me sad, but I focus on the thinks I CAN do :)

cabin + cub said...

So glad you didn't get hurt. My mother-in-law has epilepsy as well. But I agree, don't let it get you down.. or kick yourself for anything.. blogging can always take a break! ;)