It's that time of year again, to begin thinking about improvements: self-improvements, home improvements, etcetera. I always find myself thinking about all the leaves I'd like to turn right around Thanksgiving - it seems to be an appropriate marker of shifts in attitudes. It's the one day of the year where being grateful is inescapable and contagious. I've got so much to be grateful for, proud of, and to work on.
Some of my resolutions are the same every year, and every year get put-off until the following Thanksgiving:
- Get Fit: Regular exercise, take up running, take up yoga, take daily vitamins daily, eat healthier.
- Be Nice: Make more friends, be kinder to strangers, manage stress and anger better, volunteer for a worthy cause
- Learn More: Take up a class, master a new skill, share and receive wisdom from others.
Now that I'm a business owner - I've got a whole new set of Resolutions for 2010. I've stumbled upon some really helpful sources to make these Resolutions easier to achieve - and would love to share:
- Clarify my brand and product vision
- Plan and strategize for the year before it begins
- Learn the wacky ways of SEO
- Open up a second shop on Etsy
- Learn more about Marketing
- Blog smarter
I'm sure there are plenty of improvements I'm not considering, that need to happen. Fortunately, I've got the rest of the year to think about them. Got any ideas about how I can improve my business - I'd love your feedback!