January 19, 2010

Ooh La La Love - A Mixtape


Valentine's Day isn't a holiday that I feel usually merits much attention, so it's a bit odd for me, that I find myself completely fixated on reds, pinks, hearts, and love songs. This infatuation is quite contrary to my standard perspective that V-Day is a contrived holiday designed to make women of both single and coupled status alike feel like crap. But this year, I am definitely feeling Valentine's Day - not the holiday so much as the spirit of the holiday, as only children can understand it. They know that it's not about expensive jewelry, fancy restaurants, and the like. The kids seem to have this one cornered: handmade cards and gifts for loved ones, parties with friends, and lots of heart-shaped sweets!

In that spirit, I want to share the love with everyone this year - so I've put together some valentines for all of you! In a few days, I'll be posting a tutorial for a Valentine's Day mobile, in a couple of weeks I'll share a recipe for some sweetness, and today - I want to give you a lovey-dovey mixtape. The playlist is below, and unfortunately for all of us, I'm not savvy enough with Web 2.0 to know how to make a mixtape online. So, if you'd like a copy - just leave a comment here & follow the blog - I'll email you for your address and mail your mixtape to you wherever you live!

Ooh La La Love - A Mixtape
  1. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
  2. I Hear A Symphony - The Supremes
  3. The Saturday Boy - Billy Bragg
  4. Make A Plan To Love Me - Bright Eyes
  5. (You Knocked Me) Off My Feet - Sondre Lerche & the Faces Down Quartet
  6. Simply Beautiful - Al Green
  7. Samba De Bencao - Bebel Gilberto
  8. Razzle Dazzle Rose - Camera Obscura
  9. All My Stars Aligned - St. Vincent
  10. Something - The Beatles
  11. My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
  12. That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding
  13. You're My Best Friend - Queen
  14. You're All I Need to Get By - Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell

1 comment:

jenjems said...

That's my thoughts on Valentine's Day EXACTLY! I love making handmade cards for my sweetie and I've always had a fondness for hearts! I use them in my designs year round!

Great Mix!